Friday, August 24, 2012

August 8th, 2012

So I brought my camera. And my camera cord. But I left my camera cord out in the car... And I'm trying to decide how much I love you guys. Because this seat is very comfortable.. We'll see how I feel after I'm done typing. :)

So! This week! Has been... A bit slower. But that's unavoidable. A lot of our investigators have been busy last week and have had to cancel or reschedule. Which is always kind of a drag... But all we can do is persevere! It's been so unbearably hot here; pushing over 100 degrees almost every single day. I love my new Wal-Mart bike! It's very pretty... I opted not to spend $500 on a bike, which I hope you appreciate. It needs some tuning - no doubt... My brakes are SO squeaky and SO loud. But at least they work! I really don't enjoy wearing a helmet - especially because I never wore one at home... Then again I never biked at home. We bike upwards of 10 miles every day and my new road bike makes that much more bearable. My latest problem is helmet hair - but I can get a haircut and fix THAT problem.

I felt pretty terrible! My companion hasn't gotten one piece of mail all transfer... Which is probably pretty normal for a missionary who has been out almost 20 months. But as SOON as he started to bring up the fact that he never gets mail.. I got letters from people on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Monday. Oops. Don't get me wrong - I really appreciate it! I'm just hoping his family sends him a birthday package really soon.. (his birthday is on Friday)..

We still have a baptism this upcoming Saturday! I'm so excited for Jelena and her family. Saturday is going to be a very special day. I'm really wondering what is going to happen at transfers... So far the pattern has been 3 months in every area that I've been in. And I don't know if I'm going to be ready to leave. There are so many people here that I love and care about so much. So many of our investigators will be ready for baptism 2 transfers from now.. I'm almost wishing that I stay here till then. At the end of the day, I know that I will go where I'm needed and where I'm supposed to be... It'll just be hard to let go. I won't know until next week though. I'm sorry - I'm running a complete blank right now. I'm just hungry. :)

Mom - I'm sorry to hear about Dylan. I'll keep him in my prayers and hope he'll be all right. I actually do remember fast Sundays in the old building being a quite horrible experience... And I didn't even like asian food! It's so weird to think the Radfords are gone. I think I know who President Campbell is... Big glasses? I think it's so funny that you're skyping for seminary... That'll be some interesting classes for sure. How well do you think Evan will do for All-State practices? It is kind of a huge time-sucker... He sings well though. Perfect pitch always helps :). Say hi to the Hopkins for me! Andrew Olson hasn't written me a letter in like... 6 months. So I don't know if I'll get my hopes up hahaha. Glad to hear you got some rain finally.

Dad - Man.. Ryan NEVER has any luck with camping, does he? That's horrible... So do you think he enjoyed it at all? I was really hoping the best for him. Those are some sweet facts for Mount Rushmore - I vaguely remember that trip we took to South Dakota.. I mostly remember the smell of horses. And I DO remember Evan's Plunge! Kind of. I remember the pool with the rocks on the bottom... That was so long ago. Tell Ryan to write me a letter back! I've written him two and he hasn't said anything! GAH! And he needs to draw me Pokemon so we can get on with this challenge once and for all! (Also - tell EVAN for me... - his next challenge is to draw SANDSLASH and SHROOMISH!!)

I continue to keep you all in my prayers. Sorry for the lack of updates - I'll surprise you with more juicy details next week when we hear about transfers. :)

Love you all!

- Elder Tyler Grant

Dad - You're looking into a diesel?? WHY!? I like that black truck. But I guess I never drive it. So it doesn't bug or affect me any.

No comments:

Post a Comment