Friday, February 24, 2012

Still in Tremonton.....

Hello!

So I'm kind of in a rush.. Because we have a lesson in 40 minutes and I don't have my backpack. We went to the temple again today and I left my stuff at the other missionaries' apartment thinking we'd be able to go back. But it doesn't look like its gonna be that way.. And usually I can't remember my experiences unless I look at my planner for the last week. So if I leave anything major out, I'll feel really bad.

Anyway - this morning, Satan did NOT want us to go to the temple. Hahaha.. We were at the Garland missionaries' stinky apartment (it smells like dogs and cat pee..) spending the night so we could carpool to the temple the next day. So as we were getting ready that morning and showering and stuff, one of the pipes froze and all the water backed up. The toilets started overflowing, shower was leaking, the sink was leaking, everything was just FLOODING. Luckily, we got all of our stuff out of the way before it got trashed, and we got to go to Logan anyway.

I'm still wondering if tracting is just a MORE effective way than anything else. Case in point - I wasn't there, but Elder Hall went to tract an apartment complex thats like 2 blocks away from the church building with another missionary because we were on exchanges. As a result of knocking, they found 2 less active families that are willing to be taught, and 4 new investigators that want to learn more about the church. In ONE freaking building! All in all they set up 7 lessons in about an hour and a half. It's crazy! Sometimes I feel like we get our missionary blinders up and automatically rule out anything that just "doesn't apply to Utah missionaries" and as a result people who are willing to be taught slip through the cracks. It just shows me that the Lord is still preparing people and if we don't follow the Spirit and try and do OUR will instead of His, we aren't fulfilling our purpose as missionaries. I'm reminded of a scripture in Alma 16 where it says "the Lord did pour out his Spirit on all the face of the land to prepare the minds of the children of men, or to prepare their hearts to receive the word which should be taught among them." It's not our work. It's His.

So we had an awesome week as a zone! This past week we had one baptism and 2 confirmations (because we FOUND the kid who didn't get confirmed!). As a zone last weekend ALONE, we had 9 baptisms and 10 confirmations total. Who said Utah missionaries don't do anything!? Hahaha. I absolutely love it here in Tremonton and I'm so glad I got called to this mission. I've been getting the feeling that I might get transferred, but I won't know until next week. So I'll let you know.

I'm glad you got your package from me! Wow that was quick. I sent it on Wednesday and you got it on Friday? That's awesome! And the reason I sent CDs and videos of pictures is that if they got lost in the mail they could be replaced. I didn't want to send my only copy of the pictures and have it get crushed or lost. I KNEW Evan would love that orange tie! Hahaha.. and I'm surprised dad likes the pink one! It's PAISLEY for crying out loud! Hahaha.

Umm... Gosh I hate it when I lose my planner. Now I don't remember what happened this past week! Have I really been ignoring all Dad's questions? Hmm.. let me browse through them really quick and see if anything major sticks out. Umm... NO I had NOT heard that Ryan and Deidra are expecting a baby! Yay!! What does that make me. An Uncle.. once removed.. half? I don't know.... I can't find anymore questions without reading everything and I don't have time. Basically I hit CTRL+F and searched for "?" and didn't have anything jump out at me. If there's anything you'd like me to comment on then feel free to send them and bold them or something. :) And please.. I would rather NOT hear about C-Section training. *shudders*

*Gasp* Ben has been in the MTC for like, 2 weeks now, right? Wow thats crazy! I swear, every week gets faster in the mission field. I've already almost been in the field for 3 months, and I've been away from home for even longer. Where is the time going!? I gotta keep taking pictures.. Still haven't missed a day of my journal yet!
I'll have to play catch-up with anything else I missed this past week, but I'm still having fun and learning a lot!

Love,

- Elder Tyler Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment